Who we are
Correla understands the importance of protecting personal information and is committed to complying with the UK GDPR and UK Data Protection Act (DPA 2018). In order to operate as a business and provide our services to you, we collect, use and are responsible for some personal information about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensuring that your personal information is used properly, lawfully and transparently.
This notice explains when and why we collect personal information about the people who work for our customers and for gas consumers. It explains how we use that information, the conditions under which we may disclose personal information to others and how we keep the personal information we collect and process secure.
This notice applies to Correla Limited (“Correla”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 13062055 and have our registered office at Lansdowne Gate, 65 New Road, Solihull B91 3DL.
As we are based in the UK, we process data according to the UK GDPR which is enacted in law by the UK Data Protection Act (DPA 2018).The personal information we collect and use:
In the course of the services that we provide to you, we collect your personal information.
We will collect the following types of information:
IP Addresses, names and email addresses.
We use this information to:
1. Monitor usage of the Correla website and identify which areas of the site are being utilised (IP address only)
2. Gather feedback and receive queries from website users on our products and services
3. Receive contact and queries from website users on our products and services
Who we share your personal information with:
Internally within Correla. We use MS Office Suite as our platform, who have servers within the EEA. For use 1, we also share this data for analysis with Google Analytics, who have servers within the EEA. For use 2 and 3, we use PEGA - a workflow and CRM tool used to support relationship management.
We rely on our legitimate interest to process your information in this way as it enables us to improve our service offering.
We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other such authorities where required by applicable law. We will not share your personal information with any other third party, where we are not authorised to do so.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will keep your personal information only as long as is necessary to conclude the purpose for which it was collected, or to meet legislative requirements. Personal information will be securely destroyed or put beyond use when it is no longer required, in accordance with our data retention and information management policy.
Transfer of your information out of the UK
As set out above, we may transfer your personal information outside the United Kingdom to what are described as “third countries”.
These third countries do not/may not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom. Those that do may be afforded adequacy decisions by the UK government where it has been agreed that they provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom. Correla will ensure any transfer of your personal information will be subject to suitable safeguards. We often rely on Standard Contractual clauses, as approved by the UK, unless otherwise stated. These clauses are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the UK or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Legally, you have a number of important personal data rights. It must be noted that certain rights may not apply to Correla where we are not the data controller of that data:
1. Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
2. Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
3. Require us to correct any mistakes in the information which we hold
4. Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
5. Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations (data portability)
6. Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
7. Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
8. Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
9. Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
– Contact us via our website, or write to us at Correla Ltd, Lansdowne Gate, 65 New Road, Solihull, B91 3DL
– Let us have enough information to identify you, for example let us know your name and the customer you work for
– Let us have proof of your identity and address (the level of proof required will be dependent on your request type, but examples include a copy of a recent utility bill or a scan of your driver’s license), and
– Let us have some information about your request, such as what it is you want to access or which data you object to us processingKeeping your personal information secure
We are committed to taking all reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of personal information for which we are responsible, whether computerised or on paper.
We have put controls in place to prevent unauthorised access to, modification or destruction of your personal information.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.Data retention
Correla must keep personal records for the everyday running of its business. Correla’s Data Retention Policy is a tool used to ensure the protection, maintenance and retention of personal information for as long as it is needed and explains what to do with it when it is no longer needed.
How to contact us or the ICO
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, we ask that in the first instance you contact us via our website.
If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), or to seek a judicial remedy in the courts of England and Wales. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who has misused personal data. Further details are available on their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
or via the ICO helpline: 0303 123 1113.
In order to process your personal data we must do so under a valid lawful basis. In most cases Correla will use one of the following Lawful bases:
– Contractual obligation
– Legitimate interests
– Legal obligationChanges to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 01 April 2021.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, so please check this page regularly.